The VTA has issued a call for final entries for the 2020 Australian Freight Industry Awards with only a few days remaining until the deadline for nominations on Monday, September 7.
Nominations for the following award categories can be lodged at www.afiawards.com.au:
· Female Leadership Award – sponsored by Viva Energy Australia
· Personality of the Year Award – sponsored by CMV Truck & Bus
· Investment in People Award – sponsored by Logical Staffing Solutions
· Application of Technology Award – sponsored by Transport Certification Australia
· Young Achiever Award – sponsored by Daimler Truck & Bus
· Best Practice Safety Award – sponsored by Gallagher
· Sustainable Environment Award – sponsored by National Transport Insurance
Award criteria can be reviewed at www.afiawards.com.au and the VTA is encouraging members and freight and logistics operators Australia-wide to support the awards and the industry by nominating for one or more categories.
“It has been encouraging to see a surge in entries this year from interstate freight operators and supplier companies, demonstrating the true national appeal of the Awards,” says VTA CEO Peter Anderson.
The VTA is also continuing to accept registrations for the online presentation of the AFIAs on Sunday, September 20from 7.30-8.45pm. This free event will feature live presentations to each of our seven award winners, as well as musical acts and performances from some of Australia’s most notable entertainers.
To register, simply follow this link, and be sure to follow our new AFIA LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook social media channels for regular updates.
“Our sincere thanks to TWUSUPER and Viva Energy Australia for sponsoring these awards, which would not be possible without their generous support. We look forward to showcasing the achievements of this year’s winners and celebrating their enormous contribution to our industry,” Anderson says.