The Victorian Transport Association (VTA) has extended the deadline for nominations for the 2021 Australian Freight Industry Awards, providing an extra week to get applications in.
The deadline for entries is now Monday, August 23, to allow ample time for judging across the various categories, ahead of the gala presentation evening planned for Saturday September 4 at the Palladium at Crown Melbourne.
“After the record number of nominations, we received for last year’s virtual awards presentation, we want to give operators plenty of time to get their applications together, which is why we’ve extended the deadline a further week,” said VTA CEO Peter Anderson.
“It’s also abundantly clear that during this period of relative uncertainty, and with operators busier than they ever have been servicing customers, some extra time was warranted to give those intending to nominate a chance to put their very best foot forward,” he said.
Nominations are open for the following award categories:
- Female Leadership Award sponsored by Viva Energy Australia
- Investment in People Award sponsored by Logical Staffing Solutions
- Application of Technology Award sponsored by Transport Certification Australia
- Young Achiever Award sponsored by Daimler Truck & Bus
- Best Practice Safety Award sponsored by Gallagher
- Sustainable Environment Award sponsored by National Transport Insurance
To nominate or view the awards criteria, please click here.
Anderson added, “You can book tickets with confidence as all purchases made before Saturday, 21 August are fully refundable should postponement or cancellation be necessary due to Covid settings. We look forward to a sensational evening celebrating everything that is great about this amazing country, together with the phenomenal efforts of our transport industry.”
For ticketing information, please click here.