It promises to be another challenging day for truckies negotiating flood-ravaged roads around NSW today.
The state already has 76 evacuation orders in place covering 200,000 people and 18 evacuation warnings covering nearly 300,000 people.
Here’s an update on the major road closures in the Sydney region due to the flooding.
Roads closed include:
- At North Richmond, Bells Line of Road (North Richmond Bridge) is closed in both directions over Hawkesbury River
- At Yarramundi, Springwood Road (Yarramundi Bridge) is closed in both directions above Nepean River
- At Windsor, Bridge Street (Windsor Bridge) is closed in both directions between Macquarie Street and Wilberforce
- At Windsor, Hawkesbury Valley Way is closed in both directions between Moses Street and Percival Street
- At Glenmore Park, Mulgoa Road is closed in both directions between Glenmore Parkway and Mayfair Road.
- At Wallacia, Silverdale Road is closed in both directions over the Nepean River
- At Hoxton Park, Hoxton Park Road is closed between Cowpasture Road and Ash Road
- At Cartwright, Joadja Road is closed between Hoxton Park Road and Bernera Road
- At Glenfield, Cambridge Avenue is closed between Moorebank Avenue and Canterbury Road.
- At Douglas Park, Douglas Park causeway is closed.
- At North Turramurra, Bobbin Head Road is closed between Memorial Road and Ku-Ring-Gai Chase Road.
- Between Galston and Hornsby Heights, Galston Road remains closed.
- At Oxford Falls, Oxford Falls Road is closed between Wakehurst Parkway and Aroona Road.
Other roads in the south closed or affected by flooding include:
- Macquarie Pass: The Illawarra Highway is closed in both directions due to flooding.
- Cambewarra to Fitzroy Falls: Moss Vale Road is closed in both directions due to fallen trees and rock slides between Barfield Road and Myra Vale Road.
- Albion Park: The Illawarra Highway is closed between Tongarra Road and the M1 Princes Motorway.
Many other local roads are closed, with motorists urged to check local council pages and social media sites for updates.
Further north the M1 Pacific Motorway and Pacific Highway remain closed in both directions from Glenugie to Tintenbar, due to flooding.
Additionally, Summerland Way has reopened at Fairy Hill, but remains closed from Grafton to Casino.
Other major road closures remain in place in the state’s north, including:
- Casino to South Lismore: The Bruxner Highway is closed in both directions. It is also closed between Tenterfield and Mallanganee and between West Ballina and Uralba.
- Lismore CBD: Roads are closed including Dawson Street and Ballina Road.
- Lismore to Bangalow: Bangalow Road is closed.
- South Grafton to Clarenza: Big River Way is closed. Big River Way is also closed at Tyndale.
- Corindi Beach: Solitary Islands Way is closed.
- Thora to Dorrigo Mountain: Waterfall Way is closed due to a landslide.
- Failford: Failford Road is closed in both directions between The Lakes Way and Pacific Highway.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.