Although NSW remains on high alert for more rainfall this week, the Transport for NSW freight team announced late yesterday that the water had receded enough in places to reopen several main routes.
The Pacific Motorway was fully open to all traffic as at 4pm on March 6.
Water had receded at New Italy and a clean has taken placed, advised TfNSW.
The Bruxner Highway from Casino to Lismore is also now open to traffic, although the Bruxner west of Ballina remains closed.
Yamba Road in Yamba has opened to all traffic.
Lismore and surrounds access
Access to Lismore and surrounds has changed, advised TfNSW.
- Lismore from Queensland, take the Pacific Motorway until the Bangalow Road exit, then follow Bangalow Road.
- Lismore from the south is unchanged. Take the Pacific Highway and Big River Way to Grafton, then Summerland Way to Cedar Point, then Bentley Road/Kyogle Road/Casino Street to Lismore.
- Casino and Grafton from the north, follow the route to Lismore, then take Casino Street/Kyogle Road/Bentley Road to Cedar Point, then Summerland Way.
- To get to Casino and Grafton from the south, take the Pacific Highway and Big River Way to Grafton, then Summerland Way to Casino.
- Maclean Access to Maclean is possible via the Pacific Motorway.
- Great Western Highway at Mount Victoria
- Great Western Highway at Mount Victoria, east of fairy Bower Rd – single lane closure in place eastbound with stop/slow in place westbound
Flood watch alert
From Sunday into Monday and Tuesday heavy rainfall and thunderstorms are forecast across parts of the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley extending into the Hunter, Paterson, Williams, Gloucester, and Manning Rivers.
This rainfall has the potential to cause renewed river level rises to areas already impacted by flooding. Moderate to Major flooding is possible.
- To support operational decisions a website with additional information to LiveTraffic on road impact to key freight routes is available at nswroads.work/flooding.