Transferring a Performance Based Standards vehicle

If you’ve purchased a second-hand Performance Based Standards (PBS) combination and aren’t sure how to transfer it into your company’s name, the NHVR has released a simple step-by-step guide.

Firstly, the NHVR says you’ll need to fill out a PBS Vehicle Approval (VA) transfer application form.

Secondly, provide proof of vehicle ownership of all vehicles being transferred such as certificates of registration or purchasing invoices. The proof of vehicle ownership must include the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the company name.

Thirdly, email the completed form along with proof of vehicle ownership to the PBS email box with ‘VA Transfer Request’ in the email subject line.

The NHVR adds it’s important to note PBS vehicles are approved as a combination.

Individual vehicles forming part of a combination cannot be transferred individually. For example, a truck and dog transfer application must contain at least one truck VIN and one dog trailer VIN, and both VINs must be listed on the original VA.

For more information, email with ‘Attn PBS’ in the email subject line.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend