Rainfall continues to cause chaos on the roads in NSW, with several major routes impacted by flooding. Here’s the latest from NatRoad as of this morning.
The Carnarvon Highway is currently closed in both directions between Garah and Weemelah due to flooding.
Other major roads remain closed due to flooding in regional NSW including:
Central West NSW
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed between Forbes and Cowra.
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed between Driftway Road at Jemalong and the Newell Highway just south of Forbes.
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed between Legh Street and Morongla Road south of Cowra.
- The Escort Way is closed in both directions between Forbes and Eugowra.
North West NSW
- Oxley Highway is closed in both directions between Warren and Collie (west of Gilgandra).
- Castlereagh Highway is closed to light vehicles about 15 kilometres south of Walgett.
- The Kamilaroi Highway is closed between Bourke and Walgett.
- The Kamilaroi Highway is closed between Narrabri and Wee Waa.
- The Silver City Highway is closed between Tibooburra and the Queensland border.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, click here. For information about local council roads, click on the “council supplied information” tab.