PBS vehicles will now be able to use Bolte Bridge in Melbourne due to Wurundjeri Way, between Dudley and Bourke Streets, being closed in both directions from Friday, January 12 to early March.
Trucks vehicles weighing 68.5 to 85.5 tonnes will be temporarily allowed to use the Bolte Bridge with lane restrictions, if the operator:
- Is travelling under the National Class 2 PBS Notice, or has as an active PBS permit issued by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) that refers to the Department of Transport and Planning (DTP) heavy vehicle maps on the VicRoads website; or obtains a pre-approved PBS permit issued by the NHVR.
- Complies with the changed conditions on the Bolte Bridge as described on DTP’s heavy vehicle maps.
- Travels in the left-most lane.Please note: no route is available over the West Gate Freeway overpass that connects with the Bolte Bridge due to weight limits.
When using the Bolte Bridge as a detour, freight operators are reminded to use the heavy load platform (HLP) route, advises Transurban.
PBS vehicles and Super B-doubles weighing 85.5 to 117 tonnes
When using the Bolte Bridge as a detour, freight operators are reminded to use the heavy load platform (HLP) route.
These vehicles will be temporarily allowed to use the Bolte Bridge with lane and travel time restrictions:
For PBS combinations:
- The operator is travelling under theNational Class 2 PBS Notice,
- or has an active PBS permit issued bythe NHVR that refers to the DTP heavyvehicle maps on the VicRoads website,
- or obtains a pre-approved PBS permitissued by the NHVR
For Super B-doubles:
- The operator refers to amended permit(s), which will describe the specific route that must be followed.
- Travel along the heavy load platform (HLP) route. See attached information sheet for details.
- Travel between 10:30pm and 4:30am, Monday to Thursday, and between 11:30pm and 4:30am, Friday to Sunday.Please note: if vehicles need to travel outside of approved hours, follow the regular NHVR permit process. There is no route available over the West Gate Freeway overpass to the Bolte Bridge due to weight limits.
For the latest information and to plan ahead, visit bigbuild.vic.gov.au/disruptions, or call 1800 105 105 and ask for the ‘East Zone’.