News

Casino Truck Show again cancelled due to pandemic

casino

With a number of lockdowns taking place across the country, organisers of the NCP Casino Truck Show have decided that with just five weeks to go holding the event this year would not be feasible.

A joint statement from truck show organising committee spokesman Darren Goodwin and Beef Week Festival committee president Frank McKey explained that the health and safety of the NSW community, attendees and exhibitors were the driving factors behind the cancellation.

Goodwin also said the pandemic lockdowns meant many interstate truck drivers and trucking companies would not be able to attend the event that was scheduled for August 7.

He said the annual show had been a cornerstone of the Richmond Valley event calendar for a decade, and organisers strived each year to bring the best trucks from around the country to showcase to our regional communities.

“Sadly, due to the current restrictions in place around Australia, we do not believe we can produce the show our community and our visitors deserve,” Goodwin said.

“The risk of running a national truck show during the current pandemic was always going to be high, and the unfortunate truth is due to the latest outbreak we may not be able to include interstate trucks.”

McKey said as with any event, there was a lot of behind-the-scene work to produce a truck show of this size, and while there was the possibility the current restrictions would end before the show, it was simply not enough time to confirm a secondary outbreak would not occur.

He said as the Casino event attracted drivers from around the country, a single outbreak in a single state could result in the staging of half a show.

He said it was important to understand the truck show was not just a group of people turning up for a get together.

“There are site plans, traffic control plans and Covid safety plans to go through, and council and police approvals to be obtained,” McKey said.

“There are trophies and prizes to be ordered, and market stalls, amusement rides and entertainment to be booked.”

Goodwin said the organising committee would like to thank all the drivers who had already submitted entries, and the sponsors who jumped on board early.

“Your enthusiasm helped motivate us to bring back the truck show in 2021, and we are disappointed we will be unable to host it this year,” he said.

“Hope is not lost for the future – we’ll be seeing you all again in 2022.”

Meanwhile, there is still time to enter the virtual charity truck show organised by the Young Aussie Truckies.

Entries close tomorrow, July 1, with all proceeds going to the Brisbane Convoy for Kids.

Previous ArticleNext Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

© All Rights Reserved. All content published on this site is the property of Prime Creative Media. Unauthorised reproduction is prohibited

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Close